Criteria for initial LIR delegation
Organizations seeking their first IPv4 allocation must meet the minimum criteria. Organizations must:
- Have used a /24 ('slash 24') from their upstream provider or can demonstrate an immediate need for a /24
- Have complied with applicable policies in managing all address space previously allocated to it
- Be able to demonstrate a detailed plan to use a /23 within a year
Criteria for small multihoming delegations
- An organization is eligible if it is currently multihomed with provider-based addresses, or demonstrates a plan to multihome within one month.
- Organizations requesting a delegation under these terms must demonstrate that they are able to use 25% of the requested addresses immediately and 50% within one year.